Position: Network Solution Architect (Juniper)
Position Type: full-time
Passion, innovation and unbridled customer relationships have fueled Blue Chip Tek for twelve consecutive years of double-digit growth. IT is happening at BCT, one of the Bay Area’s most skilled Integrators, Juniper Networks partner of the year for three straight years. When you ask customers what they love about working with BCT, they state consistency, responsiveness, knowledge, strategy, vision, investing ahead of the market and that BCT strives for long-term relationships as key differentiators. What is most important to us is that we invest in our customer’s success while maintaining balance and flexibility in our own personal lives.
BCT is looking for a Network Solutions Architect to join our team and bring our engineering capabilities to the next level. You will be working with some of the most innovative companies that are shaping our culture for the next decade. You’ll work with entrepreneurs, start-ups, VC backed, and large-scale companies that are working on incredible new ideas and focused on growth. We are a fast paced company, on the leading edge of the technology where you’ll be working on the ground floor with the next generation of innovators.
BCT’s Engineering Team has an integrated approach to solution development, fulfillment, and deployment. We specialize in all aspects of Information Technology Infrastructure including Network and Security, Storage, Systems, and Virtualization solutions. BCT’s certified technical experts architect and implement solutions focused on enhancing security, optimizing performance, lowering storage infrastructure costs, and leveraging our customers’ existing investments in order to empower their business.
If you are a results-oriented individual who meets the following requirements, thrives in a challenging and supportive environment, and is interested in professional growth and success, please send your resume to BCT-Careers@bluechiptek.com, referencing the position above. Please visit our website at www.bluechiptek.com for further details.
- “Can do” mindset – you need to be confident in taking on any and every challenge including both pre-sales and post-sales tasks.
- Team focus – Everything we do involves teamwork. Solutions Architects are the elite members of the Sales Engineering team and are often called upon to mentor and provide leadership to other team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present solutions in front of groups of up to 20 people are absolutely essential for this job.
- Absolutely must multitask well with excellent management skills for balancing conflicting priorities - will be supporting many concurrent sales opportunities with multiple account managers.
- An inherent love for helping people use technology — we are not looking for technically savvy lone rangers who want to build solutions in a back room or routinely work while dialed in from home. We want active, engaged professionals who will collaborate with our customers, our sales staff, fellow engineers, and manufacturer representatives to design and deploy solutions as a cohesive team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, highly productive, self-starter, taking ownership of tasks and completing them in a timely manner without reminders and with minimal supervision.
- Takes pride in his/her work, doing it right the first time to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to handle pressure well in a professional manner.
- Ability to present technical concepts to technical and non-technical customer staff members and executives.
- 5+ years of increasing levels of design and deployment expertise. Hands-on architecture experience within the last year.
- Cloud architecture experience with Compute, Storage & Networking, ideally with AWS
- Ability to understand evolving trends in the industry
- Strong innovative disposition
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least one current, relevant industry certification – JNCIP STRONGLY Desired
- Gather requirements and design appropriate solutions (create bills of material, draft Scope of Work documents, prepare Visio diagrams and PowerPoint presentations, as needed)
- Build deep and long lasting relationships with customers
- Uncover potential sales opportunities that leverage technology to solve customer problems
- Present recommendations to customers
- Help close deals
- Implement and guide proof of concept designs for technology evaluations
- High-performance networking with Juniper required (Cisco, Arista, and Dell is a plus)
- Proficient in the following technologies/protocols: Ethernet, LACP, VLAN, MPLS, VPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, QoS, STP, DNS, Multicast, HTTP/S, CDN.
- Contribute to or lead definition of an architectural framework for specific area of technical expertise.
- Deliver technically focused presentations to internal & external audiences (e.g., at training or conferences) to promote BCT solutions and to demonstrate BCT's technical expertise.
- Directly support strategic sales engagements in a technical consultant role with BCTs larges customers.
Blue Chip Tek, Inc. offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Blue Chip Tek Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.