Position: Senior Solutions Architect
Position Type: full-time
BCT is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to help take the company to the next level. You will be working with some of the most innovative companies that are shaping our culture for the next decade. You’ll work with entrepreneurs, start-ups, VC backed, and large-scale companies that are working on incredible new ideas and focused on growth. We are a fast paced company, on the leading edge of the technology where you’ll be working on the ground floor with the next generation of innovators.
BCT’s Engineering Team has an integrated approach to solution development, fulfillment, and deployment. We specialize in all aspects of Information Technology Infrastructure including Network and Security, Storage, Systems, and Virtualization solutions. BCT’s certified technical experts architect and implement solutions focused on enhancing security, optimizing performance, lowering storage infrastructure costs, and leveraging our customers’ existing investments in order to empower their business.
- High-performance networking (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Dell and Edge-Core switches, Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, and Cisco routers and firewalls, F5, A10 and Citrix load balancers, Aruba and Meraki wireless equipment)
- Servers (Dell, Supermicro, Cisco, HPE, Lenovo, Celestica, Quanta)
- Storage (NetApp, Dell/EMC, HDS, HPE, Tintri, and software defined storage)
- Virtualization (OpenStack, VMware, KVM, Red Hat, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Absolutely must be willing and able to form technical opinions regarding how best to address a customer’s needs and to make specific recommendations in clear, collaborative, and helpful terms.
- “Can do” mindset – you need to be confident in taking on any and every challenge including both pre-sales and post-sales tasks.
- Team focus – Everything we do involves teamwork. Senior solutions architects are the elite members of the Sales Engineering team and are often called upon to mentor other team members and to lead teams during customer engagements.
- Past experience buying hardware from resellers as a customer. Must have experience quantifying requirements and reviewing quotes to ensure that requirements have been met. Should have personal experience submitting purchase requisitions and checking status as they are routed for approval.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present solutions in front of groups of up to 20 people are absolutely essential for this job.
- Absolutely must multitask well with excellent management skills for balancing conflicting priorities - will be supporting many concurrent sales opportunities with multiple account managers.
- An inherent love for helping people use technology — we are not looking for technically savvy lone rangers who want to build solutions in a back room or routinely work while dialed in from home. We want active, engaged professionals who will collaborate with our customers, our sales staff, fellow engineers, and manufacturer representatives to design and deploy solutions as a cohesive team.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, highly productive, self-starter, taking ownership of tasks and completing them in a timely manner without reminders and with minimal supervision.
- Takes pride in his/her work, doing it right the first time to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to handle pressure well in a professional manner.
- Ability to present technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers and coworkers.
- Development/scripting familiarity desired but not required.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform is helpful.
- 6+ years of increasing level of technical and leadership expertise and architecture experience, recently within the Internet based service provider realm.
- Hands-on technical expertise within a specific practice area.
- Ability to understand and describe macro trends in the IT industry.
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least one current, relevant industry certification.
- You will help our customers identify and select which technologies make sense for their business and technical needs. Based on your professional experience and personal opinion, you will offer specific recommendations to our customers not just a range of options.
- You will support the Sales and Engineering teams by creating Bills of Materials (BOMs), technical diagrams and other documents as needed.
- Support other solutions architects by doing a peer review of BOMs or other documents that they create.
- Review quotes received from manufacturers and distributors for accuracy.
- You will answer technical and product comparison questions for the field and inside sales teams, other solution architects, and customers.
- You will assist and accompany the BCT sales team as required on customer calls and on-site meetings as a senior solution architect.
- You will initiate and cultivate productive working relationships between yourself and all BCT employees, especially Solutions Architects, Sales Account Managers, and Inside Account Managers.
- You will grow BCT’s business through the acquisition of new customers, winning sales opportunities and earning repeat business with existing customers, and building business relationships with customers and manufacturers.
- You will capture technical requirements for sales opportunities and recommend specific, detailed solutions. Attend in‐person meetings at customer sites during each stage of the sales process.
- Complete online or in person vendor training as assigned. Pass exams needed to earn and maintain vendor accreditations and certifications as assigned.
- You are required to provide a positive work environment for all staff.
- You will mentor and train junior architects on the engineering team.
- You will occasionally assist as needed in the support of the integration team and also with the delivery of technical solutions working directly with customers. You may be required to perform professional services engagements on behalf of BCT.
Blue Chip Tek, Inc. offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Blue Chip Tek Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.